Recruiting - School Outreach Officer
Role: School Outreach Officer
Full time/ Part time: Part Time (Freelance)
Education Through Expeditions (ETE) is a non-profit Community Interest Company (CIC) which has been running Polar Fun Days for both primary and secondary schools for over 7 years, visiting 800 schools. We are currently expanding our freelance team and looking for post holders to be responsible for the delivery of the ETE Polar Fun Day at schools across the UK. The ideal candidate for this position should have a passion for the Polar Regions and come from either an adventure or science background and wish to share their Polar experience with young people. Is flexible in terms of working hours and efficient in communication with the outreach co-ordinator. This role might also include the further development of educational resources for schools.
Key Role Responsibilities; (80%)
*The core role of the School Outreach Coordinator will be to deliver presentations and classroom activities/assemblies for schools based on personal Polar experience. The post holder will lead on the delivery and continuous development of an effective and flexible service for schools.
* Serve as a key external representative of ETE by gaining and communicating a thorough understanding of the ETE Brand positioning and services offered.
* Conduct informal and formal feedback surveys from teachers and pupils.
* Travel to education conferences and other outreach events to market programs, engage with prospective learners and/or conduct presentations.
* Demonstrate the ability to cultivate strong relationships with key educational partners and organisations to further develop new business and learner referral programs.
* Help to coordinate and develop a network of ETE Ambassadors across the country.
* Develop additional resources and materials for schools and teachers through a good understanding of teaching curriculums.
Operational Support Responsibilities; (20%)
* Facilitate timely, complete and accurate data entry to monitor effectiveness of outreach activities.
* Follow up on actions following initial contact with prospective customers or partners through phone calls or meetings at education fairs, career fairs, meetings, or outreach event.
* Support the preparation of reports and marketing materials as requested.
* Accept accountability for specific outreach and lead generation metrics and key performance indicators including the timeliness and accuracy of data entry of feedback.
* Serve on various committees and other special projects as needed.
* Perform consistently to meet or exceed performance targets.
|Qualifications and training||
* Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment or equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge and experience
* Experience of travel or field research in a polar environment.
* Working knowledge of the main learning principles and curriculum.
* Customer service
|*Experience of working with children.|
• Excellent communication – verbal, written, presentations
• Proven record of success in meeting/exceeding targets in a marketing, recruitment, WP or Outreach environment
• Analytical and results orientated
* Demonstrate core values of excellence in education, student success, educational access, diversity, integrity, and civility.
* A passion for assisting others in realising their goals through higher education.
* Ability to actively listen, understand and overcome obstacles because of strong problem solving and customer service skills.
* Exceptionally self-motivated, creative, resourceful, directed, positive, self-starter attitude with an excellent customer-service orientation and an entrepreneurial approach.
* Attention to detail; a high degree of personal accountability with the ability to meet deadlines; work independently and as part of a team; build consensus; and manage potentially ambiguous situations.
* The ability to work independently (as well as a member of a team) with minimal supervision and with a commitment to professionalism, accountability, focus, and teamwork.
* Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently and/or part of a team.
* Skill in coordinating activities; tracking, reporting and evaluating data; and establishing priorities.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills (e.g., presentations, training materials development, public relations, face-to-face interaction, consensus building and public speaking) with demonstrated ability to speak (in small and large group settings) and write clearly and persuasively.
* Accomplished and versatile professional with a relentless drive for achieving results in a fast paced dynamic work environment.
* Demonstrated strong networking and relationship building skills.
* Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint
* Present a professional, knowledgeable, public speaking appearance by increasing the visibility of ETE at meetings, educational conferences.
* Serve as an idea engineer finding solutions to challenges, assists in advancing new opportunities and helps shape our team-wide continuous improvement/lean culture.
Successful applicants will be paid per school visit and receive full training,If you believe that you are suited for this role, please send a covering letter and C.V. to;